Five people from the evacuated 35-storey building in Hong Kong have tested negative for coronavirus.
The residents of the Tsing Yi housing complex had exhibited flu-like symptoms, officials added.
They will, however, remain in quarantine together with 200-plus residents who were evacuated in the early hours of Tuesday after two residents tested positive for coronavirus.
Meanwhile, officials are trying to contact people from nine housing units over suspected "environmental transmission" of the flu-like virus.
Meanwhile, Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam appealed to the residents to stay indoors as much as possible, as the country confirmed 42 cases so far.
"At the moment, we're making this appeal, we're not going for compulsory closures because Hong Kong is a free society," she announced.


Several people injured in sword attack at Swedish high school
Pakistan ex-PM Khan medically fit, taken back to prison, minister says
Ebola spreading exponentially in Congo as death toll tops 2,500, UN says
Strong earthquake strikes central Peru
At least 50 killed as overloaded boat capsizes in Nigeria