Thailand held a welcoming ceremony to mark the return of two ancient hand-carved artefacts that were stolen decades ago and smuggled out of the country to the United States.
The two 680 kg Khmer-style stone carvings had been on display at the Asian Arts Museum in San Francisco, which was required to forfeit them when a settlement was reached in February between the US government and San Francisco authorities.
Thailand had informed the United States in 2017 that the lintels, which dates back to the 10th and 11th century, had been stolen.
"Today is the day that they are finally returned to their home country and displayed here," Thai culture minister Itthiphol Kunplome said at the Bangkok ceremony.
The sandstone lintels were once parts of the structure of two religious sanctuaries in Thailand's northeast. The government will assess whether they can be returned to their original locations.
"This is a legal battle that has set an excellent example for the museums that still own Thai artefacts illegally because they know they will lose the case," said Tanongsak Hanwong, who located the artefacts and pushed for their return.
"Many museums have chosen to reach out to begin the return process instead of going into the legal process."
British police charged actor-comedian Russell Brand with rape and a multiple counts of assault over a number of allegations between 1999 and 2005, a police statement on Friday said.
A new trailer shows Liam Neeson starring in the upcoming 'The Naked Gun' re-make, made famous by comedy icon Leslie Nielsen who played bumbling cop Frank Drebin in the hugely popular TV and film series in the 1980s and 1990s.
American music icon Bruce Springsteen is set to release seven 'lost' albums with the majority of the 82 songs unheard, and written and recorded between 1983 and 2018.
The next installment of the "Avatar" movie franchise will introduce a new challenge to the Sully family on the moon of Pandora, director James Cameron said as Walt Disney unveiled the first footage from the film on Thursday.
Animated television sitcoms "The Simpsons," "Family Guy," and "Bob's Burgers" have been renewed for four more seasons on Fox, Fox Entertainment said on Wednesday.