Actor Drew Barrymore on Sunday said she had backed off plans to bring back her daytime talk show while strikes in Hollywood continue, yielding to an outcry of criticism.
The proposed return of The Drew Barrymore Show drew picketers from the striking writers' and actors' unions as taping resumed last week.
On Sunday, the actor released a statement on Instagram that said: "I have listened to everyone, and I am making the decision to pause the show's premiere until the strike is over."
Barrymore also expressed her "deepest apologies to anyone I have hurt".
The actor on Friday had issued a video on Instagram saying she was going forward with plans to resume her talk show next week because so many jobs were on the line, but the post was deleted later on Friday.
Crew members on the show have been out of work since the Writers Guild of America (WGA) strike began in May and shut down production.
Other talk shows have also announced plans to return to television. Real Time host Bill Maher said he was bringing back his HBO show without written pieces such as a monologue and would focus on debates with guests.
The WGA said it was "difficult to imagine" how Maher, a WGA member, could host the show and still comply with strike rules. The union said members would picket the filming of the show.
The Middle East Film & Comic Con has announced that Andrew Garfield, the beloved actor behind The Amazing Spider-Man, will be attending the event in Abu Dhabi from April 19-20, 2025, at the ADNEC Centre.
British police charged actor-comedian Russell Brand with rape and a multiple counts of assault over a number of allegations between 1999 and 2005, a police statement on Friday said.
A new trailer shows Liam Neeson starring in the upcoming 'The Naked Gun' re-make, made famous by comedy icon Leslie Nielsen who played bumbling cop Frank Drebin in the hugely popular TV and film series in the 1980s and 1990s.
American music icon Bruce Springsteen is set to release seven 'lost' albums with the majority of the 82 songs unheard, and written and recorded between 1983 and 2018.
The next installment of the "Avatar" movie franchise will introduce a new challenge to the Sully family on the moon of Pandora, director James Cameron said as Walt Disney unveiled the first footage from the film on Thursday.