Etihad reschedules London-Abu Dhabi flight due to Heathrow caps

File Picture

Etihad Airways has rescheduled a flight from London to Abu Dhabi on Thursday due to capacity limits introduced by Heathrow airport.

Flight EY26 from London to Abu Dhabi on Thursday, July 14, will now depart more than three hours earlier than planned.

In a statement sent to ARN News, a spokesperson for Etihad Airways said the decision was made to "avoid the peak congestion period at Terminal 4".

The carrier said the "flight will now depart earlier than planned at 5:20 pm (local time) instead of 8:45 pm".

Etihad spokesperson said the passengers have been notified of the new departure time and regretted "any inconvenience caused by this last minute change, which was necessary to avoid cancelling the flight".

The carrier said they are "working with airport authorities at London Heathrow to understand how capacity restrictions will be applied over the rest of the summer season in order to protect as many of our customer bookings as possible".

Passengers have been advised to check changes and cancelations ahead of time with their airline. 

London Heathrow announced a cap on passenger numbers earlier this week to try and cut queues, baggage delays and cancelations. 

More from Business News

  • Nasdaq set to confirm bear market as Trump tariffs trigger recession fears

    The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite index was set to confirm it was in a bear market on Friday, down more than 20 per cent from a recent record high, as investors fled riskier assets on fears that tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump could spark a trade war and tip the global economy into recession.

  • Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum exceed 500M boe in Khor Mor field

    UAE-based Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum, alongside their partners in the Pearl Petroleum consortium, have said the cumulative production from their Khor Mor project, the largest non-associated gas field in Iraq, has exceeded 500 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe).

  • China to impose tariffs of 34% on all US goods

    China has announced a slew of additional tariffs and restrictions against US goods as a countermeasure to sweeping tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump. The Finance Ministry said it would impose additional tariffs of 34 per cent on all US goods from April 10.

  • Shares bruised, dollar crumbles as Trump tariffs stir recession fears

    Stocks limped to the end of the week on Friday, the dollar was set for its worst week in a month while gold flirted with a record peak as investors feared US President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs would tip the global economy into a recession.

On Virgin Radio today

Trending on Virgin Radio