Dubai South's e-commerce zone is now partially operational

@DXBMediaOffice/ Twitter

Dubai South's dedicated e-commerce zone, EZDubai is now 20 per cent operational as part of its initial phase.

It was launched in January 2019 by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, with the aim of consolidating the emirate’s position as a hub for global e-commerce.

The facility spanning 920,000 square metres is located in Dubai South’s Logistics District next to Al Maktoum International Airport with a direct connection to the Jebel Ali Port. 

Its master plan includes e-fulfilment and supply centres, infrastructure for repair and return centres, as well as business blocks.

The first phase of EZDubai spans a total area of 340,000 square metres, 68,000 of which is operational and an additional 91,000 is under development.

Last year, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council launched the Dubai e-commerce strategy, which aims to attract more foreign direct investments to the e-commerce sector.

This was followed by the launch of EZDubai to support and complement the plan.

"E-commerce is set to contribute AED 12 billion to Dubai's GDP by 2023 and having a fully-fledged operational facility like EZDubai demonstrates the ability of the region to manage and facilitate this growth," said Mohsen Ahmad, CEO of the Logistics District at Dubai South.

With seamless, multimodal connectivity between road, air and sea transportation, the Logistics District of Dubai South has streamlined customs processes with an on-site licensing and visa authority.

More from Business News

  • UK's Jaguar Land Rover to halt US shipments over tariffs

    Jaguar Land Rover will pause shipments of its Britain-made cars to the United States for a month, it said on Saturday, as it considers how to mitigate the cost of President Donald Trump's 25% tariff.

  • US starts collecting Trump's new 10% tariff

    U.S. customs agents began collecting President Donald Trump's unilateral 10% tariff on all imports from many countries on Saturday, with higher levies on goods from 57 larger trading partners due to start next week.

  • Nasdaq set to confirm bear market as Trump tariffs trigger recession fears

    The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite index was set to confirm it was in a bear market on Friday, down more than 20 per cent from a recent record high, as investors fled riskier assets on fears that tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump could spark a trade war and tip the global economy into recession.

  • Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum exceed 500M boe in Khor Mor field

    UAE-based Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum, alongside their partners in the Pearl Petroleum consortium, have said the cumulative production from their Khor Mor project, the largest non-associated gas field in Iraq, has exceeded 500 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe).

On Virgin Radio today

Trending on Virgin Radio